foot.note

02 October 2004

Perhaps.. if there is one thing that we (in S'pore) can learn from the aussies, that would be trying to be more gracious, more courteous. It really amazes me how everyone here says thank you to the bus driver when he/she gets off the bus... :)

I think, spring is here at last. Although it still gets pretty chilly at night (7 - 10 C), day time temperatures are about 20 - 25 C now (that's somewhat like cameron highlands).. today, as I walked out of my place... I saw tiny shoots of sunflowers growing in front of the house... I certainly don't think any one of the four of us planted the seeds (do u think guys can plant flowers?).. so it must have been.. i guess, the work of God. Walking to uwa, i saw more tiny sunflowers appearing everywhere along the walkways and pavements... timely reminder to stop what u're doing and smell the, well, sunflowers. :)

Oh my landlord (and housemate) - Fan is giving me half price off the rent when I'm not around during the summer holidays.. I'm really thankful for that because most people have to pay full rent during the holidays.. and it does make sense. Why should u be getting lower rent if your stuff is still in the room?

Right. time to GET ON with my polit. sci position paper which is due on monday. i've kind of done the readings, got a broad idea of what the situation in iraq is like now.. (what's the diff btwn Sunnis and Shi'ites and Kurds?)... On another quite commonly confused topic, what's the diff btwn Croats, Serbs, Macedonians, Slovenes, and Bosnians? :) It's about 600 - 700 words, and it has to be written in UN-style way of speeches. That's it from me this week. :)