A meeting with Martin Forsey, unit coordinator for Anthropology 102
Yesterday, European Studies was trying to poach me to do their upper-level units next year cos I got 82% HD for my ES 102 major essay. And Anthropology / Sociology is doing the same thing too :) I just looked for Dr Forsey in his room.. and he was like...
Martin: "U know.. I was wondering.. (flips over to my essay cover page).. yes, Will. What do you intend to do in future? Cos' this is a really good piece of work, and I learnt quite a lot from it. And I see lots of potential in you".
me: "Urm foreign service? teaching?"
Martin: "Ever considered majoring in Anthropology?"
And I was like thinking "they're all trying to poach me to join their individual departments..."
me: "Actually, I was hoping to major in a (toss-up) btwn history and politics, and european studies."
Martin: "u know, you should consider majoring in anthropology. this is really good stuff (beckons to my essay paper)" - and interestingly enough, Caroline said that same phrase "this is really good stuff" during ES 102 tutorial yesterday, when referring to my essay - as if all of them are munching some kind of apple pie and exclaiming that "this is really good stuff".
me: "yeah i considered doing anthropology 101 next semester.. but i'm kind of worried I won't like it cos it is pretty dry, as in, the topic is sth about 'being human'".
Martin: "oh no worries! u'll definitely like ANT 101. Anyway, I'd love a copy of your essay.. to be used for future ANT 102 units... Send it to my e-mail. Here's my name card"...
me: "okie no problem..."
Martin: "so hope to see you in future anthropology units yah.. c u later!".
And I left the room clutching on to my essay, AND his name card.
Anyway, I'm staring at this shameless couple opposite me who are kissing away in front of the computer terminal IN THE LIBRARY. I mean, I totally dislike such people. It's like as if they have a point to prove. So what if you've got a girlfriend? You don't have to let the whole world know that you are attached or sth what...