Radio ads
Now, I was listening to 92.9fm last night.. and i heard an advertisment for...
Four Seasons "Glow in the Dark" condoms. What's more, it is going at 50% off.
And btw, Rod Stewart and Bryan Adams are having a combined concert at Subiaco Oval (they call it an "oval" here, not "stadium".. becos' well, a stadium is oval in shape). That's happening on 26 Feb 05. good stuff.
Racism and self
I won't say that I've experienced overt racism around here.. but I'm certain I've been a victim of covert, discreet racism. It's easy to say that becos' we're the minority (but we're a large minority actually in Perth), it's easy to be sensitive and miscontrue other people's actions to be racism. But even if I try to maintain some semblance of neutrality...
I was at the Caltex station in front of my place last night. Hoping to buy chips. I saw this signboard that went "offer. $2.20. chips"... and it was right in front of a container of chips.. so I grabbed one, thinking it was on offer. When i was at the cashier, the guy said it was $4.25. And so I was like, "but it wrote $2.20! and it was sticking on the shelf of these chips." The cashier was like, "oh the offer was for the "thins" chips, u took the "smith" chips. like hey mate, look closer next time."... And in my mind i was thinking that this guy obviously thought I don't know any England at all. So i took back the chips and grabbed the 'thins' ones instead. Over my dead body I'll pay $4.25 for a bag of chips. But I was pissed. yeah. And he gave me that look that "Asians can only afford to buy cheap chips"... and i think i confirmed his suspicion that we're poor cos' the girl in front of me (who's Asian too) bought just one pack of Maggi me... like, just one. It's funny how the Maggi mee here is sold in loose packs, I've not seen Maggi mee that are sold in packs of 6 yet or what. Maybe the manufacturers thought we poor Asian students only live for the day.
Blah.
I heard that there's a new JC in Woodlands that will start operations in Jan 05. It's called Innova JC. If you're asking me for my opinion, the name sounds like an attempt to sound sophiscated and advanced but has the effect of achieving the opposite.
And did I say that I'm wearing the "Once A Saint, Always A Saint" T-shirt today? Yeah. the Black one. :)