One Night with Jason
I was in the library yesterday afternoon when Jason asked me if he could spend the night at my place, cos he just came back from Margaret River (that's a four hours drive down south) and he didn't want to pay $35 to stay at Trinity (one of uwa's hostels, where he stays), when the day was already half gone. Of cos, I was quite happy to have company.. but I was like in a panic cos my room was in a mess haha. Jason is from S'pore, was from JJC (00/01), just started his Economics degree too.. and we go to church and OCF together. Went over to Broadway, bought fish and chips and went back to my place to eat.. Wednesday is a good day to watch TV cos' there is Simpsons for a continuous 2 hours straight on Channel Ten (6pm - 8pm).. then we went to the guys' prayer meeting at David's place where we found out for the first time that Peter and Lydia are together, like just a week ago. Came back to my place at about 10.30pm.. and juz talked crap in my room till about 4am. Certainly got to know Jason a lot better.. .talked about his nightmares with driving lessons (he doesn't appear to be the only one who has nightmares with driving lessons :P), his girlfriend and how they seem to be drifting apart after he came to WA, partly becos' she doesn't seem to want to communicate enough with him, and how he likes this another girl who stays at St. Catherine's (that's the all-female uwa hostel)... and even to the extent that he told this new girl directly that "he likes her", even though both him and her are attached. sigh. talked about our Prom Nights, and how it was just "ok" - nothing like the huge climax of JC life that I expected. about how jason recently stepped up to become in charge of Prayer Missions in OCF, and how I seem to be quite unwilling to be involved in ldrship in OCF. I think I know why.. while I value friendship, I don't exactly like this idea of brotherhood, of camaraderie.. I value u as an individual, a friend.. not because you're a brother or sister in Christ.. somehow, it also explains why I always got goose pimples when we were in npcc, singing all these "brotherhood" songs on the bus to dog units or police stations. Talked about girls, lust and love. I came up with this "test" to know whether you genuinely like the girl, or whether it's just pure lust. Now, generally if you think u like the girl, u'll lust over her - like imagining both of u are in a striptease parlour or sth like that. But if u really like her, you'll automatically reproach yourself when you're lusting over her.. like "ok stop it. if i really like her, I shouldn't be treating her like a sex object". Talked about the days when we were white-washed by boybands, and how they are currently a relic of the past. Makes me feel very old. Finally fell asleep at 4am... and i feel quite embarrassed cos' he had to sleep on the floor and I only had an extra blanket to shield him from the cold floor. But yeah, 8am came and he could go back to Trinity to get the keys to his room. And I went back, slept like a pig till 2pm. heh. :)