Hey I've just signed up to be a poll worker at UWA when the federal elections come on 9 October.. yeah sounds interesting heh. Be at the polling station, guide people as to how to vote.. So, UWA will be the polling centre for the Curtin constituencies.
Electorate Profile - Curtin (taken from the Australian Labor Party website)
Curtin was named after John Curtin (1885-1945), Prime Minister of Australia (1941-1945).
Curtin covers an area of approximately 90 sq km west of Perth, bordered by the Indian Ocean In the West and the Swan River in the south. The main suburbs include City Beach, Claremont, Cottesloe, Dalkeith, Floreat, Joondanna, Leederville, Mosman Park, Mount Hawthorn, Nedlands, Shenton Park, Subiaco, Swanbourne, Wembley, Wembley Downs and Woodlands.
The area is mainly residential with some light retail.
At this juncture, I'd just like to say that I'm really happy for my friends back at NUS now.. yeah. you tell me about the great things that are happening in your lives right now.. and i'm genuinely happy for u guys (actually, girls).. cos' I've not really heard much from guys these days. Doing things that you've never thought of doing before, and having loads of fun along the way... :)