And so, yesterday was mid-autumn festival.. do u think the moon that i see in perth is the same moon that u guys see in s'pore? I guess, sometimes when I feel that I'm so far away from home, it helps to be reminded that well, it's the same moon that we see at night, that we share the same night sky, the stars and so on (remember the song "somewhere out there"?)
Talking about mooncakes, I'll take an extract from d's 28/9 blog entry:-
Quite bloated with mooncakes (today's the actual day!)... really going for those snow-skinned ones nowadays rather than the often too sweet and heavy traditional ones. Hate the eggs in 'em too.
Good for u :) - your comparative analysis on the types of mooncakes they have back in s'pore. The mooncakes here are expensive, so I didn't have any to eat. I shudder to think that will be the case for the next 3 years too :( I had smith chips (the original flavour) and arnott chocolate chip cookies. Well, if u consider cookies as round, they could resemble mooncakes in a way. and oh cookies. remind me not to finish up the entire box of cookies cos I owe someone a cookie :)
Woke up in the morning to Mix 94.5fm and guess what song they were playing? - "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel. Brings back so much memories of sajc, ms beatrice chong (i preferred mrs ram actually).. :) I don't think class95 plays that song - if they do, only rarely. have been hearing lots of sg songs on radio too; stuff like "hold me", "i knew i loved you", and esp. "affirmation".
I was reading ISJ's school newsletter.. and it's sad that the expat. teachers are resigning one by one. I can figure out why. Poor working conditions and a brutal (i'm being very diplomatic here) secondary head. U know, if they do allow me, I'd love to cover the vacancies, help out a bit when I'm back during dec - early feb 05. I'm just freaked out by Mrs H i guess. still vividly remember her condescending nose.
Just came out from tutor consultion for anthropology essay. It's like, the due date is 4/10 (mon).. and tutors take turn to be on duty today, tmrw and friday to answer queries. Today is Simon Davies (not my tutor though)... and i was sitting there like a mouse while he read my intro. and conclusion (they normally don't look through ur entire essay)... and i think he's gay.. ee. like all bald. and having earrings everywhere. why do all arts male staff here look like that.. ?
Hey good luck for your mid-sems later at 4pm :) if u looked closely at the sms which i sent u yesterday, i was actually suanning u by wishing ya a "happy mid-SEMS", instead of a mid-autumn festival... haha. and i was actually being very cynical of today's wired world when I was talking about e-mooncakes, I didn't really literally mean it. haha.. i'll promise to keep my mouth shut now. :)
Psst. Do you know Mrs Lim (TJC Principal) has a friendster account? Just found that out when I read someone's blog... go to friendster and type "lai cheng" - her chinese name. haha so cool. principal going onto friendster. :)