Yeah just going to talk about what's going to happen on Sunday over here... it's the UWA Expo (like University Open House) specifically meant to target the incoming students next Feb 05. Political Science Dept is doing a mock simulation exercise of a United Nations general assembly meeting and the topic is The Multi-national Force (MNF)in Iraq. Basically, we're gonna debate whether the MNF should be abolished and replaced with a UN Peacekeeping mission, how to best deal with the current situation with Iraq, especially with all these bombings in Najaf during this past week. So yeah, what's happening on Sunday is going to be modelled on what a UN general assembly meeting is like, complete with passing resolutions, flowery language and shouting matches.
Among the S'porean gang, I'm doing France, Jeremy is doing Jordan, Patricia is doing Russia. My tutor Liza is doing India, and my tutorial mate Kyra is playing the bad guy, i.e. USA. We've got China, the Iraqi Interim Govt, UK, Pakistan, the UN Secretary General (who will chair the meeting and try to keep order etc)... and another 10 more countries who are represented, and I just can't seem to remember who the others right now. Oh yes, Germany, Philippines, Turkey etc.
I think I'm gonna be a evil bastard and stall the meeting by using my veto power. :) Whatever Kyra (representative of USA) tables, I think the three of us who're doing Russia, China and France - the anti-US/UK Permanent UN Security Council members, will just block her resolutions all the way.. *evil grin*
Raindrops keep falling on my head...
You might have thought spring is coming around here, but we've been having like blizzard-kind rains with gusty winds of up to 40kmh over this past two days. Ok, that sounded like me being a weather broadcaster. But yeah, I didn't have an umbrella and I was drenched over and over today... someone remind me to buy an umbrellla when I go down town or sth.
History lecture
I think there's sth wrong with the way Dr Martens is lecturing. For one, he only knows how to talk about India and Natal (old name for South Africa). Secondly, his lectures are solely based on examples... I'd very much prefer that he explain concepts relating to the topic instead of telling us "the deplorable conditions of miners in Japan" or sth like that. He's getting pretty predictable in his opening sentences too... These days, Jeremy or me will be mimicking Dr Martens first few sentences, which is always:
"Good afternoon everybody. For those of you who are listening online, this is the History 152 lecture for 26 August 2004."
About the main reason why all lectures are recorded over here is becos' 1) if u miss the lecture, u can listen to it online (that's the obvious reason) and 2) it's for those guys at Albany who are taking the same unit(s) too. UWA has a campus at Albany, which is down, down South... sth like maybe, 100km?
Something's getting me & Jeremy thinking about the relation between History teachers and homosexuality. During lecture today, we were like writing on a rough piece of paper...
Jeremy draws a house with lots of clouds in the sky.
I add in the raindrops, draw a stickman and write next to it, "wet".
Jeremy adds a "Will" next to the "wet". (I was still drenched then).
I wrote: "Eh.. look at Jeremy's (lecturer) RED pants. it looks so..."
Jeremy: "looks gay".
Results this week
9 / 10 for my Anthropology Colonialism Quiz.