Okie.. so looks like the anger against Peter has been dissipated.. He was saying sth like "i'm sorry if i offended u that day." And yeah, I told him that it's okay and that i might have been unreasonable too.. but I still believe in what my country (or countries) stand for, esp. in a foreign land. And I'm okay today cos I bumped into Peter at the library and he asked me if i wanted to go for lunch just now, to which I said yes... went to Broadway. i'm ok now. :)
I'm doing my Polit Sci tutorial presentation tmrw.. at 2pm.
The tutorial question is: "What role do perceptions play in world politics? How far does the media goes towards sustaining these perceptions? How is America perceived in the world today?"
I'm doing the "role of media" part and I'll be taking the "anti-America" stand (yeah!).. my tutorial-mate will do the "perceptions" section and the seemingly quite difficult "pro-America" part.
For me, I'm gonna do my tutorial presentation by delegating the prescribed readings a secondary role and base my presentation on cartoons and caricactures of media and anti-Americanism. how cool. lots of nice anti-bush comic strips i've collected around here for tmrw. Like it's so ironic I'm was preparing for my tute presentaton on anti-Americanism yesterday and I was gulping Pepsi at the same time.
Found another reason why I should pick up French.
A lot of Polit Sci writers love to show off their French in their English academic writings. It's ok if u use "standard" French words which have entered the dictionary, stuff like faux pas, de facto, de jure, raison de'tre, bona fide, etc. But when you start going: To many, the US is a deliberate and dynamic hegemon, not a gorille malgre lui..., it's like what on the world is gorille malgre lui????
And yes, I was watching the Li Jiawei vs that South Korean girl table-tennis match here yesterday too... oh well, maybe we can wait another 44 years for another Tan Howe Liang or sth. :(
have a nice week ahead.