foot.note

19 August 2004

19 Aug 04 (Thu)
Spent yesterday night writing my Anthropology essay which is due tmrw, 5pm (Fri). Basically, the essay is about colonialism and its effects on the natives. I was allocated, or rather, I chose to do Puerto Rico and its relationship with the Americans. Still a bit confused as to how to cite the references, and bibliographies.. all this intellectual property crap. :)

I kind of discovered that there would probably be some clash of timetables if i'm going to pick up French next Feb 05. You see, if i do French 101 in Feb 05, that means i'd have to do French 102 in July 05.. but by July 05, i should have been in 2nd year alreadi right? Unless I decide to overload... which I think is going to be expensive and damn taxing... seriously considering picking up French at the Alliance-Francaise, the largest French non-profit organisation which teaches French to like more than 350,000 students per year? Mary Bruno my ex-colleague at ISJ, who taught me a splattering of French... used to work for Alliance-Francaise back in Madras, India.. dun think it's very expensive too.. 10 weeks, 3 hours per week for $270.. + textbooks = $309.. and it's officially recognised too... thinking hard.

Erm we had the first meeting for the Polit Sci simulation exercise just now.. and it was chaired by Dr Yasmeen. Like, the uni atmosphere is like totally "friendly" in nature.. there was 15 of us, including the two tutors.. and Dr Yasmeen was like making coffee for all of us blah blah. I think we call the tutors n lecturers here by name too.. sth which I'm def not used to.. And did I mention my Hist and PS tutors r like only 22, 23 years old? Post-grad students. Back to the simulation exercise on the open house day, basically it's like this "mock" meeting of the UN general assembly where we'll be debating on how to make the multinational force in Iraq more effective.. it's open to the public.. like open house? I'm supposed to do France.. (again) and yeah i think it's gonna be fun and intimidating.. .also supposed to come wearing what a French-man would dress up like... Say, what does a French-man dresses up like? :) Liza, my tutor is supposed to be India and she said she has the perfect turban-like thingy for her role.