foot.note

09 July 2004

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye


Today, I'm at the threshold of a four years journey that will bring me to University of Western Australia, Perth.. it'd probably be a journey where I'll travel the entire Australia back and forth, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Fiji (the country which sees the first rays of sunlight every waking day)... :)

If you ask me how I feel now... *gee* I don't feel anything at all.. =X
Feels like just another ordinary overseas trip for me.

I went to s'pore today.. cos cousin moonlake insisted I go and clean my teeth. And I find it so hard to say "no I don't have the time.." Her husband Ansgar operated on me; and *gasp* i got four (!!) wisdom teeth that has to be removed the next time I come back to s'pore, cos according to ansgar, it'd only be a matter of time before they become infected and cause me very very very great pain. Say, he lectures part-time at NUS too.. moon and ansgar are settling down in s'pore for good after spending 10 years in toronto, canada. And I didn't have to pay a single cent for the dental treatment. So, thanks a lot there. And thanks for the ice-cream treat at Swensen's Orchard also. Did I mention my niece Allie is so cute? Yeah. but then, all babies are cute. :)

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die


What's happening tmrw? My uncle and auntie will fetch us at about 5.15am.. and I think I'll be at the airport at around 6.45am to 7am... sadly, my best guy friends can't make it to the airport cos they wouldn't have booked out by then. Girl friends? We'll see.

Say, do you know I've never been to Australia in my life?

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I'll tell you now, they don't mean a thing


I'd of cos love to thank my parents. without them, I won't get this opportunity to go overseas to study. my brother, my sister...

my paternal and maternal grandmothers...

other relatives, most notably: auntie ah lian, auntie molly and her family, moonlake, ansgar, auntie guat gim and her family..

thank the lord. i just accepted Him into my life. haha did the confessional prayer over the phone (!!) lol. auntie mary led me in prayer.

daryl - it's amusing how both of us always have no money but still try (hopelessly) to live the high life. will always remember ya.

jw - if i have to run errands, i'll shamelessly call u up to follow me. and not feel guilty about it. let's see.. u've been to DBS and CPF with me to run errands. and no, i don't take ya for granted. one of the best friends i could ask for.

val - the unsung hero(ine) haha. and I'd always argue with you at least once every week or so.. haha. and how the ever so egoistic me will try to patch up by saying "i'll forget about what happened just now. BUT that doesn't mean i think i'm wrong." lol.

mabz - it's amazing how over the past 2.5 years, we went on a huge rollercoaster ride on the journey called life. haha. 2 years ago, i saw u to australia.. and today,...

those who no doubt shaped my tjc life..
xy (thanks a lot for the great friend u are), bk.. marc. ch. tim. mel. mr hasim?

justina. clarence. farrah. ifarn. jenny (Harris). jenny (lin). minah. mary bruno. wee poh. lynnette. denise. john jude. ming quan. sarah. hmm. i think that's all I can remember. i didn't mean to forget u if i didn't note it down. but not like as if there's a million ppl reading my blog anyway. :)

A new day has come...