foot.note

20 June 2004

Uncle Henry called from Melbourne and he was trying to help me sort out my thought process for an hour (!!!). He was saying "u must try to get to melbourne U at the end of your first-year in University X because Melbourne U is the best U in oz." (You need BBB to get into Melbourne Arts btw.)

shrugs. yeah i know that. but now, I can't get in. and for me to transfer in 2nd year, I need a culmulative score of 70% for ALL my 8 courses in Year 1 at University X, before I can even THINK of applying for transfer. And if you're an Arts student, u'd agree with me that 70% is quite a tall order for Arts.

but it's definitely worth mugging like siao for the first year at University X for Melbourne. U know right, within history only, they have 93 (!!) courses across the three years. You need 10 courses across the 3 years for the subject to be considered a major. They really have an array of dishes to eat over at Arts.

and they can start the honours year in July. Other universities like Adelaide can only start in February. That means, I can graduate with honours in July 08 if i transfer to melbourne 2nd year. Compared to graduating with honours in Feb 09 if I'm at ANU, UWA or Adelaide.

but am I a 70/100% material in the first place? I won't know unless I study. I've never studied hard for my A's if u recall.

Knowing your rivals

A wise old lady said, "know your rivals to be ahead."

I see what she meant. I received a brochure in our letter-box today. And it reads, "Sekolah Sri Andalas Johor Bahru - New Private School In Town - Good News!"

And they offer professional help for children with dyslexia too. We don't have such capabilities. From what I can see, their labs are much better than ours too.

But don't be fooled. It's a private MALAYSIAN school; i.e. it competes directly with our malaysian department. As far as an INTERNATIONAL school is concerned, we're still the only school in the entire state of Johor.

(A Malaysian school operates on a Malaysian / S'pore syllabus. M'sians are allowed to enter. An international school operates on a British syllabus (either PYP = Primary Years Programme, IB and IGCSE system). And pure Malaysians (w/o PR) can't enter. Only expats and M'sians with a PR of another country can enrol.)