The stage has been set
Air tickets bought. Confirmed flying on the 10 July 2004 (Sat). If you're interested to know when I'll return, it's on the 5 Feb 2005 (Sat). Just in time for Chinese New Year 05.
I went to S'pore today. Went to my aunt's place at Boon Lay to open a letter from NUS. And silly me really half-believed that it may just go through. Haha. of cos it got rejected lah. so what if i had four impressive-sounding testimonials? At least I knew I tried my best already. And that I'm leaving with no doubt that NUS didn't want me. congrats if u got into nus. really.
The referrals may be nothing in the eyes of NUS but it could just be everything in the eyes of Oz employers. i guess, only time will tell how much the referrals are really worth.
Cleaned out almost all my $ in my POSB bank account and turned it into AUD bank draft; just left a few hundred bucks behind. My dad said "don't close the account cos it's of sentimental value." Hah. what's there left to remininsce in s'pore anyway. except you wonderful people who made my life much better. u know who you are.
Got my tickets at some travel agency at China Square. Took me an hour to locate the place. You know I've got a very bad sense of direction. I was walking round and round Raffles Place. I saw everyone rushing. I saw the countless sculptures that stand in front of the major financial buildings.
that was when i thought, "God. I may not be coming back here ever again. This is where I spent 13 years of my life. Am I coming back to work? maybe. maybe not."
"Am I gonna like Australia and its people? Maybe. maybe not too."
If only you could feel what my mind is going through right now.
Had dinner with jw at Newton Hawker Centre. Thanks for the treat man. yeah.
*burp*
1. sugarcane.
2. honey chicken wings (not healthy.)
3. satay (not healthy too.)
4. oyster omelette (that was delicious. and unhealthy.)
5. hokkien noodles (no comments. cos the noodles was just so-so.)
6. ice kacang (hey. now i know what's the diff btwn ice kacang and chendol. i always thought they were the same thing. silly me.)
Four years. You know how many things can happen in 4 years? During the years 2000 - 2003, I:-
a) went to USA, Japan and Germany.
b) walked through the doors of CHS, SAJC and TJC.
c) did well for O's and screwed my A's.
d) realised that, I like girls haha. lived, loved, lust, lost.
e) learnt the hard way that it's never wise to 100% trust your relatives.
f) finally realised that the world doesn't revolve around me. it's the other way round.