Ms Leong told me she has already tendered her resignation.. last day will be 11 June. Cos she's getting married.. gonna follow her husband outstation to live liao. I will miss her lo.. cos she very sarcastic, caustic.. always attacking the senior management haha. Still remember on my first day, I was introducing myself to everyone.. and she told me it was also her first day! haha. then when i'm free, i will go to her class and go "siannnnn".. then she got moved to the m'sian private school.. and I got moved there too! same time somemore. and since, i've went on to the int'l primary (where i am right now).. definitely one of the colleagues closer to me.
Rang up Ms Harris just now.. to ask her when my referral is ready. cos now is final exams week mah.. so everyone's quite busy. She said Friday after school, so my appeal is gonna be in on monday.. Then we ended up talking for like an hour.. about how her contract isn't gonna be renewed for the next academic year 04-05 cos' the HOD has sth against her (can refer to my 2 April blog if u like). So my last day at work (25 June) is also Ms Harris' last day at work. So she was telling me about her plans... to follow her african bf to set up a school in ghana (a country in West Africa)... to help poor people, set up orphanages.. give them an undeniable right to education. AND she again said that she'll hire me to join her.. she said sth like "I know you have what it takes to teach, that desire.. you're not power-hungry.. don't see money above EVERYTHING else. so i'm gonna take YOU to africa. like go for a year's stint or sth. juz rem to keep in touch with me after we both leave the school.." And when I heard that, I was so honoured. How she said that malaysia and its people are beautiful.. the satisfaction that she feels cos all her students have improved tremendously in english (her subject).. that Achek has improved 30% in his exam scores.. remember this week is final exam week?... wow. she's really something man.
So I guess I can say, when I leave this school.. I'll be sad of course. But quite strangely, all my best colleagues are leaving together with me too.. I'm feeling a tinge of lingering melancholy now..
Was blasting the Corrs Cd damn loudly in the library just now haha. so nice. their music is so good. like how it keeps you UP there feeling happy.
My fav tracks are: Track 1) Summer Sunshine, Track 2) Angel, Track 3) Hideaway, Track 7) Humdrum and Track 9) Borrowed Heaven (their title track).
Heard sth about the school not having money.. and the director has to come out with his own money to pay the wages.. as it is, it's the 2nd and we've not received our wages.