I realised that these days, every day matters A LOT to me.
I've received an offer for BA, Australian National University (ANU) for July 04 intake
Like, how I said yesterday in my blog that I wish I got into ANU for July 04 intake?
And I got it today.. I'm quite nervous of course. Everything is happening so quickly..
If I want this offer, I've got to be in Canberra by 15 July 04.
Now I'm feeling bad because I had a shouting match with my Dad
What I know is that if I want to embark on something, I'll never look back and switch lanes even if something "better" happens. And my dad, of course, thinks in dollars and cents.
Dad: "so if NUS accepts you into FASS now, would u accept it?"
Me: "look. in the RARE EVENT nus gives a favourable reply, I won't look at it because I'm already committed to ANU and I don't like to do something half-heartedly and keep asking myself 'what if this? what if that?'"
Dad: "dun talk so big okay. u count your blessings I can afford this gamble."
(I tell you. I really detest the idea of my dad referring to this as a gamble. He keeps equating it to "buying insurance just in case NUS fails.")
Me: "then don't let me study LAH! isn't that better? u won't have to spend a single cent on me, let alone a gamble."
Dad: "I WANT YOU TO STUDY! i'm just saying that if NUS says yes, you should consider it very carefully and accept NUS."
Me: "why are you even mentioning NUS when YOU yourself know the chance is almost close to zero?!!!!! it's very irritating u know."
Dad walks off.
Me (to Mum): "the way he talks as if he got money can rule the world. then I might as well leave home. u won't have to spend money on me EVER AGAIN."
Mum: "aiyah. u keep raising your voice.. of cos he's angry with u la."
I think, I can see the problem. My dad is arguing on the basis of $ and I'm comparing NUS and ANU without factoring in the money.