First nasty surprise I've received
You see, I'm trying to book initial accommodation for us when I reach Perth, like 3 or 4 days. Then I came across this hotel which seemed pretty attractive - in Perth CBD, got cooking facilities and the cost is reasonable enough.
So I made an Internet booking and it required me to call up the hotel in Australia to confirm it. Which I duly did.
When I called, the guy asked me (in a rather unfriendly tone): "Are you paying by cash or credit card?". I said cash. And he asked "What's your credit card number and its expiry date?"
My suspicions were aroused because hey. i'm already told ya i'm paying by cash. why the heck u want my credit card number? So I told him, "can i give it to you when I'm there?" He said no. So I just told him loh.
And after that, my dad was like "Noooooo! You can't tell any stranger your credit card number!"
I rang the hotel back and asked that guy "why do you need my card number when I'm not even in Perth yet?"
Guess what he said?
If you don't turn up on that day, we'll charge you for that day.
Where in the world have you heard of such a thing???! I've not even consumed your service yet k. So I hung up and called the credit card company to block my card. And yes, I'm one step faster than him. so he can't do anything to me now. idiot.
If you're wondering, it's Mountway Holiday Apartments, Perth WA 6000 . Don't ever go there.
This kind of gave me a sour feeling of what things are going to be during the next four years. But yeah. it's okay. just shop around for another place to stay then. no big deal.
Blah.
1. MyKad done today. (MyKad is the new, supposedly very advanced Malaysian identity card).
Thanks to Clarence for providing this link which is a satire of the MyKad. Read it cos it's very funny.
http://www.mycen.com.my/duasen/150703_mykad.html
2. Pre-departure guide received from UWA. Looks pretty interesting.
3. Heard there's a letter from NUS (again) at my auntie's place. i bet the appeal went negative cos I don't see anything new appear on my NUS online application website.