foot.note

03 May 2004

Bored for the 3789th time
bleah. so bored at home rotting away. today & tmrw are public holidays.. sometimes I wonder how Malaysia's economy still manages to chug along when there are so many holidays here. My dad once said: "aiyah. we can sell timber (btw Malaysia exports 33% of the world's tropical timber exports), bananas and agri products in the absence of "mainstream" industries like manufacturing.. so can have as many holidays as we like loh"...

Just to amuse myself. I'm gonna calculate how many times have I officially (obviously officially lah, then wad? illegally arh) been to s'pore (or m'sia if you like)...figures are very conservative here.
1985 to 1991 - 15 times a year - 15 X 7 = 105
1992 to 2000 - 190 times a year (that's the approx no of days in an academic year) - 190 X 9 = 1710
2001 to 2003 - 70 times a year (cos we stayed in s'pore. only went to JB once a week) - 70 X 3 = 210
2004 - well, about 20 times I guess. all the class gatherings, reunions, that cursed one time where I had to go back to TJ to see sucky results...
Grand total = 2045 (whoah! but I've got a blank passport cos I just wave my passport and walk on)

TJC Dance Production
Anyway to help denise do some advertising, TJC Modern Dance Club is doing a production called "reverie" on 5th June (Saturday), 7.30pm at the auditorium.. Tickets go for $8, which I feel is a tad expensive.. but hey, from what I can see in the publicity poster, I think you get to see people flying.. so perhaps it's not a too bad deal after all haha. Anyone missing school yet?