foot.note

06 April 2004

6.4.04 - I think i managed to drive another 10km or so today.. on my dad's car and of cos with him around.. drove all the way to the far end the area of uncompleted houses in my area.. and back to my doorstep.. actually, it's quite easy on the straight road.. but i kind of panicked when i was at the central traffic light (which is btw, not working cos some moron rammed into the traffic lights a few weeks ago).. so I pressed the brake to stop completely.. but totally forgot the clutch.. so it spluttered, jerked and died. And there was another car behind me! *panic* But luckily I managed to start the engine again and drove off.. and it was a gd thing the guy behind me didn't press his horn or flash his lights haha. U know, in Bookworm Short Stories Issue 49, Simone drove her dad's car w/o permission.. and it crashed into Mr Nathan's brand new Mercedes.. Simone, in this story, was portrayed as an impatient and brash girl who wanted to show the world that she can drive well.. but she failed utterly.. hmm am i? In case you're wondering, i grew up reading Bookworm Short Stories.. still have the entire collection in my old house.. and many many of these stories left a deep impression on me till the point I can practically rattle off which story belongs to which book.. =)

I'm bored. very. wish it's a school day instead of holiday. lucky i brought back from the library Minfong Ho's "Rice Without Rain" to read.. it's actually meant for Sec 2/3.. a story about how Thai villagers were incited by student leaders to oppose the high rents for their plots of land.. with the central character (Jinda, the Thai village girl) falling in love with Ned, a student leader... but the govt clamped down on these reformists, claiming that these were Thai communists... with bloody consequences blah blah. I remembered my Sec 2 Lit teacher told us to read this book when we were doing "Sing to the Dawn", but I never got to. Finished the book in 2 days. that was.. quite fast. =P So I'm prob going back to school tmrw to do a bit of work.. grab a few more books to read or sth.