5.4.04 - Feeling a bit sinking again.. i read some bad news for myself in this undergraduate forum (www.funkygrad.com).. there's this person who put this post that "she had BCD, GP B3 and she couldn't get into arts nus in 2002".. if i'm going to use that as a yardstick, then I think it's kaputt for me already.. it's like, it's gonna get more competitive as time goes by loh. I just have this bad feeling that things won't turn out right. argh. There's an update on the NUS website on "procedures for appeals into FASS" - that if FASS calls u up for an interview (thru' the discretionary admission thingy), you have to write a 500 word essay on a) why you want to go to arts,
b) what I expect out of my education
(i know the answer to this:-
I'd like to build the world a home and furnish it with love
For apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle dove
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once all standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills for peace throughout the land
It's a real thing what the world wants today
As the way it will stay with the real thing
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony
A song of peace that echoes on and never goes away
Put your hand in my hand let's begin today
With your hand in my hand let me find the way
I'd like to see the world for once all standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills for peace throughout the land =)
and c) how you can contribute to fass... really hope i get in, dun have to write any essays or wad.. but i'm def gonna write my essay after i come back from bangkok.. in the event i don't get in and get called up for interview. don't ask me what's gonna happen if i don't get in and don't get called up for interview. All I just know is that if i put my heart & soul into it, i won't be forsaken.
ST has quite a few articles on private schools today.. - there's one that says that ppl from SIM get like $6000 p/mth after graduation.. sounds quite incredulous to me actually.
Had driving in the afternoon.. think i'm doing quite well.. esp considering that it was raining cats & dogs too. *pleased with myself* .. the only prob seems that i can't coordinate the clutch and accelerator, t4 it occasionally splutters... there are 11 steps that has to be undertaken when you get into the car - 1) adjust your seat.. blah blah 11) press the horn.. I thot there should be a step 12) somewhere.. and that is "insert your kylie minogue Cd!".. haha.