foot.note

04 April 2004

4.4.04 - Finished the book I'm reading already .. (Berlin - The Downfall 1945 by Antony Beever).. and it's really a huge melodrama of sorts I guess.. the impressive part of this book is not about "so many Russian tanks destroyed this and that..", not about "how many bridges & German towns were captured", but how the author takes one into a journey from the perspective of the victorious, the vanquished, the civilians.. about life experiences at the front.. the spoils of war, the aftermath - looting, mass rape, destruction.. essentially, it's about the realities of war. Even the act of killing others doesn't seem to have a great impact on the soldiers (and myself) cos' propaganda on both sides has dehumanised any feelings attached to murder..

Went to church today... somehow it just felt a scene of peace there. silence. quiet. Tmrw's driving lesson... hope i don't screw it up.. =) Really waiting for the day I can zip up the North-South highway all the way to Ipoh.. eat my favourite hor fun there.. with the Cd player blasting to George Michael's "Amazing"... Hey, did anyone notice you can't log on to tjc matrix anymore? I just tried to log in.. out of boredom I guess... end of an era at tj... it's a topic that bk and i always talk about... didn't exactly end with a bang for both of us.. but wad can i say? It's over... u can't get to relive JC again.. so just got to move on.. hope for gd news in May/June..