23.4.04 - Well, it's the end of the week.. another week without any good news. anyway. today's a pretty good day.. cos Bernice, Yvette, Do Hoon and Sulayman came over during lunch and asked me why I'm not teaching them Maths anymore.. to which I said I'm doing the library at the m'sian pte school.. so I won't be seeing them that often.. like, I'm really happy that my kids notice that I've disappeared from their lives and that they ask about me? Some things never change. Like Do Hoon, who's forever eating ice-cream whenever I bump into him.. =) And that as far as I hear from them, I'm better than the new teacher, Ms Chiew, whom Yvette is always mimicking the way she (tries) to smile and making all of us laugh.. anyway for the record, Ms Chiew is teaching music.. and she's like nearly 50 years old.. while I've got nothing against older teachers, I think she's pretty arrogant.. cos when Ms Bruno told me to teach Ms Chiew as to how the library records n stuff should be done, she just went, "Oh this. I know. I've done computer before. yah yah yah yah yah. You're a student right? You know, the library should be done asap because we're gonna open it up to the students. Linda said so." - all this she said on her first day of work. Come on man, be humble a bit mah.. after all, it's your first day.. don't keep on going "Linda said this", "Linda said that".. Linda is your friend arh? If she was nicer a bit, I'd prob have told her to be careful of what she says to the HOD.. but since Ms Chiew just waved me off as "just a student", she'll prob have to learn it the hard way (like me, mee hwey, jenny, jamilah (an ex-Malay teacher who got sacked because "she couldn't get along with the expat staff", as the HOD put it in the termination letter. and i heard they are fighting it in court now, cos jamilah wasn't paid her salary or sth). After all, I've got nothing to lose, cos ironically, I'm just a student =P I'll be leaving soon anyway. And I've decided that the moment the letter of offer comes from fass (if it does come, god willing), I'll hand in my resignation letter already. and take time off to go somewhere with my grandmother.
Just to sidetrack a bit.. let's talk about how my room looks like. My territory of the room (it's shared with my brother) is littered with lots of books (read, unread, re-read).. lots of CDs.. wall-size posters of Stacie Orrico and Gareth Gates (free of charge, got from mtv asia awards 2004), my prized orange lava-lamp (a birthday present from daryl n jw in 2002), birthday presents amassed over the years, angel & mortal letters (that's quite a huge stack).. a thick photo album of my Germany pics, class pics, movie tickets.. a complete Euro coin collection (The Euro coin set has 1, 2, 10, 20, 50 euro cent, 1 euro $, 2 euro $ - but each of the 12 countries which uses the Euro $ has it's own design behind the coins..), more guide books on Tokyo, Germany, SE Asia.. a photo of me (is that me?) and my brother taken at Genting 12 years ago... and an official 2002 World Cup soccer ball... other than that, a pretty ordinary bed loh. computer is outside in the lounge area on the 2nd storey.. heh =)
Did anybody read today's ST? There's this article about "student pass forgery operation busted".. and the conclusion of the article is - "The ICA said it takes a serious view of attempts to forge these passes and other related documents, reminding would-be offenders that ICA stands for 'I Check All' and not 'Imitation Cards Accepted'. "
Haha. how funny.
But I'd hope that if you're reading this now, pls spare a thought and pray (or hope) that things for the Iraqis will get better.. like so many people are dying there everyday cos of suicide attacks? And the 3000 people who perished in some train crash in North Korea. it's really incredulous how in the face of such a calamity, their govt could "cut off international phone lines to prevent news of the tragedy from leaking out." Not like they have the resources to rescue them anyway. Even if they do, would they?