foot.note

02 April 2004

02.04.04 - Last day of Term 2 today.. and I'm somewhat apprehensive about next term becos' the HOD said "u know, someone may be coming in to do the library soon..." - fear of losing my job.. hai dunno lah. maybe I'll be redeployed back into the class? set up the senior study place cos next term is the final examination term? but that sounds unlikely cos i know the HOD is evil.. as the next paragraph will show u. I'm not hoping for the day to come where the HOD will tell me, "Will, you don't have to come in anymore."
But my library is still undone... I'll probably drop by during the holidays to continue my work and take some books back to read or sth.

Ms Harris (Jenny) has been so excited about going back to Sydney today for her holidays.. she's forever going "Will, I'd so love to go back.. swim with dolphins.. see my daughter and parents blah blah..." Then today we had a Year 10 Drama performance - she's the drama teacher btw. Somehow in the play, Sinan and Amal (they are a couple btw) played the role of lovers.. the play is called "Blood Wedding".. the Drama play was shown to the whole secondary school... and that was about 12pm.

And guess what? Jenny received a first warning letter in her e-mail at 12.30pm for "not being professional by putting Sinan & Amal into the role of lovers" - what crap.

AND. a second warning letter in her e-mail together with the first one. This time, it's for "giving too little homework for Year 7 and 8 Drama"

The warning letters, well, obviously, came from the HOD lah.
It's so darn obvious that 1) the HOD took the trouble to serve the warning to Jenny before leaving back for home, that is, New Zealand at 1pm. + 2) that the HOD was all out to ruin Jenny's holidays...

Jenny came to me crying.. and she said "the HOD is such a bitch" / + "why should I even come back after the holidays when the HOD is so cruel and I'm paid peanuts?" .. but I really couldn't do anything but to lend her my ear... 3rd time warning means = sacked already. The reasons for the warning letters are like, so trivial and a non-issue k.. Think Jenny is prob going to resign soon or sth... but before she left for Changi just now, she said: "My ambition is to set up my own school in Australia... when that happens, I'm definitely gonna rope you in.. together with a few of my girls in Sydney.."

And i went: "wow.. it's an honour to know that you think so highly of me... I'll definitely support u" .. but of cos my mind was partly thinking of the part when she said "...together with a few of my girls in Sydney" haha.. Yup.. so the next term begins on 19 April.. hope to see my colleagues & students when the final term begins.. =)

Oh and I went out with bk yesterday for dinner ... at Tampines (!!!)... cos I wanted to return him the $12 I borrowed from him on Monday (when I lost my wallet)... he's def a funny (and gd) friend to have.. cos we're always trying to outdo each other in a ridiculously funny manner since JC 1.. oh well.