31.3.04 - I found the publicity brochure of the school in my pigeon-hole today.. it's a full-colour pamphlet and it's meant to be distributed to the major residential areas in JB.. I'm happy cos' right on the front page of it there's the staff photo with me inside! haha. cheap publicity for me eh. And I'm flipping thru it right now and it's pretty evident we're trying to attract S'poreans.. right on the front page, the pamphlet screams: "Special Package for Singaporeans 2004/05" - But my guess is that many prospective parents will fly away when they see the school fees.. it's just way way out of reach for any average person.. about RM 2500 to RM 3000 per month..
Oh and Irna asked me if i could give her tuition.. cos the final examinations are in June.. she's in Year 10 (Sec 4) and I'm flattered haha... I told her okay but I've got no idea as to how much I should charge.. I'm afraid I can't live up to the demands of Year 10... especially when she wants Maths, Science and History.. of cos History shdn't be a problem.. but Math? hmm. I told her I'd let her decide how much I'm worth.. cos I really don't want to be seen as fleecing her + I don't want to see any of the Year 10s repeating another year.. - school policy dictates that in order to go to final year (Year 11), one must get at least 6 Cs... that's quite a tall order if you come to think of it.
Remember I wrote last week that I helped Irna, Amal, Danial and Seth in their History essay? It turned out that they got E, C, E, B respectively.. I wonder why. My hunch is that Mr Ball suspected they were copying from each other cos their answers were almost the same.. and since Seth is the brightest in History among them all, he got the best grade.. haha not implying I'm the best of them all though =P