13/3/04 - Went to NUS with three different groups of ppl today... damn freaking tired right now. my legs are aching!
11am - went with john jude to NUS... cos daryl can't make it that early.. and the FASS talk was at 11am..
1pm - bumped into group of my sec 4 classmates... so I jumped camp and went with them... jude had to go to sentosa anyway...
1.30pm - bk called me up and said "i'm in the ship coming back to the mainland... wait for me hoh, can?"
so I tagged along with my sec 4 friends.. until about 4pm... then I went to Clementi to fetch bk up haha... he insisted on that.. only left nus at about 6pm I think... and it was raining... got caught in it.. feeling quite giddy right now...
I think I'm really sitting on the fence... hope I'll fall on the right side of it... and get into FASS...
Not too sure if these are facts or fiction... but the NUS students there told us:-
a) GP is quite a huge priority as far as entry to FASS is concerned...
b) That if you're a guy, u're confirmed in FASS. cos they need guys. (I'd be happy if this is true. but sounds like a myth to me)
c) That FASS isn't exactly a dumping ground anymore... because of the gradual shift to the humanities and social sciences as our society becomes more "civilised".. blah blah.
*shrugs* I just wanna get in... i just wanna get in.. i'm just too tired to go to SMU open hse tmrw.. maybe someone can enlighten me on SMU or sth.. my 2nd alternative is prob to put NIE/NTU or sth.. but dunno whether that leads me to a JC teaching position... but they do offer honours in arts (education) though.. and i saw and talked to at least 20 ppl i knew today... wow.. especially those i've not seen for years...
At Bugis MRT, I was waiting for the rain to stop before going over to the bus stop at Rochor Centre that will bring me back to JB.. then got this Caucasian girl asked me... "do the buses there go to Malaysia?" and I replied "yah.. but I won't recommend running there right now since you don't have an umbrella. there's lot of lightning.. some guy (the Sinchi footballer) got struck dead by lightning a few days ago..."
And she was like "oh.. hmm someone died? wow.. better don't run"
After like 15 mins, when the rain had somewhat died, I started to run all the way to the bus-stop...
The Caucasian lady then arrived at the bus stop 10 mins later with a fellow passenger holding an umbrella over her head... and they were chatting throughout the bus ride back to JB.. this lady is apparently a tourist I think... I overheard a bit of the conversation.. *heh*
Moral of the story: Bring an umbrella in future if you want to pick up nice girls haha.... I'm getting lame.