foot.note

10 March 2004

10/3/04 - Brilliant. We had to take our staff photo again cos the photos were lost when the camera was transferring the images to the computer (or so they said)... at least I tried my best to smile this time.. so hope it's a nice one heh. One of my students told me today "hey mr lee, how come when i talk to u online always go "haha haha haha" at the end of ur sentences one? like a bit irritating. joking only." - i really go haha at every sentence i say online meh? .. .. ..

I can sense that this particular young cleaner is quite pissed at me for taking leftover food everytime it's lunch time... cos they are also entitled to eat the leftovers, since their salary isn't exactly considered a lot. And these days, there are very little / no leftovers... and even though the older one doesn't have any problems about me eating the leftovers, the younger one seems quite unhappy about that... I mean, rightfully, one can't expect me to bring my own lunch when I don't even have a salary to speak of... and the HOD said I'm the only teaching staff that can take the leftovers.. but for the cleaners sake, I think I'd prob bring my own lunch to school from tmrw... I'm in a better financial position than them... so I should be the one giving way... the older cleaner told me before her life is hard cos she doesn't even take home RM 800, has four children and her husband can't work... =(

There is always quite a significant number of people who think that students in international schools have the going good for them... that they are rich, have people to wait on them and so on... But after 2 months here, I've realised that's not really true... a lot of them, especially the older ones have problems of a different kind... and I guess it's a matter of being lonely for them.. since many have parents who are working overseas... counselling them is an intergral part of my job also.. since I'm the youngest teaching staff... as in, can relate to them better than the rest... I find myself talking about their BGR problems a lot too... even though I'm quite hopeless in it myself =)