foot.note

28 February 2004

28 Feb 04 - Just came back from a wedding dinner.. It's my (deceased) grandfather's friend's 50th anniversary wedding dinner. It was at Pekan Nanas (some 30km north of my home)... and it's just a normal Chinese dinner around in Malaysia.. with all those adults going up and singing (or rather, shrieking) Hokkien songs.. people going around screaming Yam Seng at the top of their lungs.. I just went there to get fat haha... Val just told me about the latest news that MOE has announced: that SAT and Chinese won't be compulsory or something to that effect starting from our 02/03 batch. which is really really irritating cos' we've spent like lots of $ to do the SAT... but then and again, i feel it doesn't affect us much since everyone from 02/03 has done the SAT i believe. and even though one has a choice on w/er to use SAT for Uni admission this year, i'm pretty +ve that i'd have to go for the "use your SAT score" option cos' I'm expecting a disaster from the A levels... I'm reading a book (or rather, history epic) titled "Stalingrad" now... it's by Antony Beevor - basically, it talks about the Battle of Stalingrad (duh) and how it changed the whole course of WWII.. what I don't seem to understand (yet) is why on the world this book is 450 pages thick... i'm only at page 45 so far... picked up this book from the school library while I was cataloguing them.