25 Feb 04 - I feel damn freaking pissed now (8.30am) loh. Mrs Howard told me yday to come at 7.50am today cos' she may hand me the yellow slip (i.e. the relief form) to cover Mee Hwey... then when I really came in at that time today, she told me she already got other ppl to cover her.. that's really a not-even- giving-a-hoot-about-me attitude k. But nvm, Mee Hwey always told me that I'm here primarily for the experience and that such upsetting incidents are also part of the package... I've got an appointment with Puan Rubina, who's the wife of the director of this school later. She's the one who recommended me to the school - cos we're family friends... probably going to complain about the allowance, or rather the lack of it. Or should I?
Okay. Auntie Rubina looked like she was in a big hurry, so I didn't ask her about the $... but she asked me if I wanted to give tuition to her eldest son who's studying O Level at United World College... and I said I wouldn't mind... luckily it's for Maths, still can manage. and not science. she took down my number too... and my dad told me later it's a good opportunity to "step into their house to give tuition" and get to know his father in due time, who's quite an important person in the political/business circles...
Oh and sth happened today that isn't exactly part of the teaching experience I expected - Mrs Nicholson and I saw a monitor lizard... and it was huge. at least 1 metre in length (btw, the school's located in a pretty grassy hilly area). Cos we were having Math class and I was behind teaching a group when suddenly she stopped teaching in front and gasped... that's when we saw it (together with the Yr 7)... it was big enough to be in Steve Irwin's farm haha... then it flip-flopped its way up the grassy patch in front of the class... luckily there's a glass window separating the lizard and the class, o/wise she and the kids will prob go screaming like siao... heh.