foot.note

13 February 2004

13 Feb 04 - Hmm today's the eve of Friendship Day aka Valentine's.. and it's really amazing to see what you'll get in return if one just spreads a bit of love around haha... quite expectedly, I'm the only teacher to lug along a huge sack of snickers, mars, time out and more chocolates to school today... and I passed them during different periods.. admittedly, I was quite afraid to approach the Yr 10's cos the other teachers tell me they're pretty AP and rowdy + I don't teach any Year 10s... but they were among the most enthusiastic batch when I handed out the chocs to them during lunch today.. jessica was like "wow, that's so cool! you're the only teacher who bought us chocolates for Valentine's!"... and the most funny batch was Yr 6 (primary 6) i think.. I was having a Programme of Inquiry (POI, sth like Social Studies) class with them.. so basically, it's like a reading period where I've got to ask qns based on stories or non-fiction books...

so after they finished reading to me, I asked:
"guys, do you know what day is tomorrow?"

chiyori says: "I KNOW! it's saturday!"

"no no... i mean what special day is tmrw?"

brett looks at his watch and says: "it's 14 February tomorrow!"

"so do you know what event it is?"

And they all look at me blankly haha... i just told them it's friendship day / Valentine's tmrw and that's why i'm passing out chocolates.. haha they didn't look like they care though... they were just too happy to eat chocolates. =P

I gave chocolates to the teachers as well! Esp. my better colleagues in school: Mrs Bruno, Ms Harris, Mrs Nicholson, Ms Leong... *hmm all female teachers*... i was quite afraid to give chocs to the HOD (mrs howard) and the male teachers haha... so never give them.. but i think it's okay, since they were not around physically when I gave chocolates to those teachers I mentioned earlier...

And i turned my Yr 9 Chinese class into an english lesson .. *lol* made them do a quite challenging crossword puzzle i found from the Net yesterday.. the theme was on Valentine's Day... =)

It's really a pleasure to share happiness in life... and i'm so glad I did something for everyone at school for Friendship Day today... i'm in a super-duper good mood today man haha... + tmrw's MTV Asia Awards .. .looking so forward to seeing Black Eyed Peas & Stacie Orrico...