1 Feb 04 - Woke up at 6am and went to the driving school for the basic theory course... n apparently, my dad screwed up on two things: 1) that he said it'd be a very quick course.. it lasted from 9am to 4.30pm, and the lecturer was terribly boring and lame... luckily my day was made better with the two Foon Yew (a Chinese high school in JB) guys who were sitting beside me and we were passing notes lamenting about how crappy the lecturer was, and the cute girl sitting in front haha... and 2) my dad told me there would be an english translation... and the whole course, textbook and everything was in Malay! but luckily I could somewhat understand what the lecturer was talking about using my limited knowledge of Malay haha... I thought it was a bit paiseh that quite a lot of the ppl who were in the same classroom were born in 86/87.. so I'm one year late.. the starting age for driving is 17 in M'sia... and the lecturer said we have to do 16 hours of practical before we can sit for the test to get our P license (P = percubaan, which means "to try" in Malay), compared to 61 hours of practical in S'pore heh. Really hope I dont fail the theory test next Sunday, which is an MCQ test of 50 qns (in Malay) and u need 42/50 to cross heh... looks pretty difficult man.. =)
Oh we (bk, chun han) planned to go out today one.. but cos I ended so late at 4.30pm and it was raining, so I gived today's outing a miss heh.. and ch didn't look like he wanted to wait 2 hours for me to get to S'pore to meet them, so...
Finally finished the X'mas present book my sis gave me last yr... it's erm let's see, "13 Secrets Of Power Performance" by Roger Dawson... I don't exactly read such books on how to plan your life, to be a "better" person etc etc, haha but I'm obliged to read this one. I especially like this paragraph from the book, taken from Chp 13 (Putting Love Into Your Life) :"Love is like an elusive elf in the woods who loves to play hide and seek. It's so good at the game that when you feel you have it cornered it can make itself invisible. The harder you search for it, the more it redoubles its efforts to get away. When, in exasperation, you finally give up the game and go sit in a clearing in the woods simply to enjoy the evening, it will silently slip out of hiding, sit beside you, and put its arms around you."
Aunt Lily (my mum's sister from KL) is visiting tmrw... it's exactly 2 weeks to the MTV Asia Awards, and just slightly over a month to D-day now.. *heh*