31 Jan 04 - Spent much of this morning thinking about my future career... basically, it seems to be a toss-up between being a JC teacher teaching GP/history and working at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia.. decided not to work for Foreign Affairs, S'pore cos' I'd be required to relinquish my M'sian citizenship, and that's sth I'll never give up.. so I guess I would have to learn Malay part-time, cos you need an official certificate that you do know the Malay language in order to work for the Civil Service here... and that if I do have kids in the end, they'd have to study in an international school... and I do have reservations of that, cos I notice that some of the students in the int'l school are pretty isolated and look like they live in a world of their own during recess or when school is over...
My dad just told me that my first basic theory class is tomorrow... at about 8am in the morning... *darn*. I mean, hey, tmrw's a Sunday and a public holiday at that ... I dont feel like waking up that early.. but I really want to know how to drive asap...
And lastly, I strongly believe in what this country stands for... even though I'm a PR n completely educated in S'pore, I'm born in Malaysia and that fact will never change... I mean, just because of a few isolated crimes in Johor, and I really can't believe that anyone can make such ignorant remarks like "JB is not a safe place to visit..." just because a chicken rice seller got stabbed two weeks ago in S'pore, so does that mean S'pore is a terribly dangerous place to visit too? And btw, we all do have choices in life. There is never such a thing as "no choice". I read in a copy of Reader's Digest a few months ago that businessmen in Karachi are putting in concrete efforts to make their city a safer place to live in, such as building schools & police stations etc etc.. to combat the supposedly deteriorating state of affairs there.. I mean, they can easily use their $ and migrate to some developed country right?