foot.note
29 January 2004
29 Jan 04 - Today's a pretty "bad" day for the school... immigration came down all of a sudden to check the foreign teachers' passports and work permits... then quite a number of them left theirs at home and had to go back.. so I had to conduct Science experiments for Yr 7 while the students kept on asking me, "Mr Lee, is Mr Starmer being arrested by immigration?" - cos Mr Starmer has no car, so as the immigration drove him to his house... and the kids were peering out of the window haha.. and I had to scream at the kids to wash their apparatus, check the results and calm them down cos they kept asking what on the world is happening to Mr Starmer... so as of now, the teachers' passports r still held by the immigration (cos they have no work permits yet, but they applied for it quite some time ago)... the immigration didnt bother to touch the only 3 M'sian teachers there.. me, Ms Leong, Mr Chen haha... so I (admittedly) was laughing at them inside, cos the expat teachers were obviously quite distressed just now. Andrew (Yr 9) got stung by a bee and had to be sent to hospital... Ms Harris informed me that I could be required to take over her Yr 9 drama classes with effect from next week... there was a staff meeting at 3.15pm (my first one)... and I was almost dozing off as Mrs Howard went on and on about having a fire drill quite soon, that some teachers are not giving homework, the nasty visit by immigration today, the expat teachers flights back to their countries (which happens to be free for them, so haha I should be given a token sum as my pay too what!) and the employee of the year award (which I hope to get it, cos I feel I'm putting in a lot of effort... it's a RM 1500 cash prize btw) ... finally, Dad paid the downpayment for a new Honda Accord today! haha but not like i'll get the chance to drive it when it arrives (or even when I know how to drive for that matter) cos he's afraid I'll make accidents and he'll be heart-broken... (cos his dear car is dented and not his dear son is injured haha).. and all of us teachers at school are terribly excited about the new photocopy machine which just arrived! we're crazy right haha =P